Tala Atef Sinno
Tala ‘04 is a hospital pharmacist, Toufoula vice-president, and volunteer during the war (2006) in different aspects.
What alumni & friends say about Tala:
- The nominee worked on developing a new non-governmental organization called Toufoula in order to help children who have cancer disease to live like normal people and benefit from a quiet and comfortable environment for their treatment.
- She did her best to let Toufoula be known. She was responsible of activities held by expertise and on high quality. She was the window to tell more people about this project.
- I have known Tala as a friend and a volunteer. Tala’s vision of starting an organization for children suffering from cancer exemplifies the meaning of humanity and how she really wanted to change the lives of affected children and parents. With her ideas, vision, work and support Toufoula was co-founded and is not pursuing one of the biggest children care projects in the world, building a dream floor for afflicted children. We have all acknowledged her spirit and working habits and her dedication to the cause. I can see none more valuable than Tala to win the award.
- I am an LAU alumni and I was intrigued by the award nomination as I see it as an excellent opportunity to nominate Tala Sinno for getting the idea of creating Toufoula NGO for the award. Toufoula is an organisation co-founded by LAU alumni exclusively among of which Tala Sinno, Salam Khoury, Amale Abbout, Hussein Abbas, Zeina Madhoun…. Yasmine Sinno (myself). Toufoula aims at helping children suffering from cancer and at this moment Toufoula has achieved several things at different levels, among them the amazing project of making dream rooms for cancer kids in all hospitals in Lebanon, designed by most well known architects/designers/artists in lebanon (among them Mr Bernard Khoury and Mr Zuhhair Murad).
ps: The Dream Floor Project is the first of its kind in the world, Toufoula NGO’s aim is to spread it in the world.
- Toufoula organization is dedicated to help improve the quality of life for children suffering from cancer. The Dream Floor Project aims at providing better rooms and ambiance for the children at the hospitals where they are treated by designing the rooms in a vivid, entertaining and educational approach.
- This organization holds a great purpose and adds grand value to our society and to our children. Tala Sinno is one of the co-founders of this organization.
- Toufoula’s dream is to draw a smile on their innocent little faces that carry the features of a child and the weight of a fatal disease.
My dream is to keep Toufoula NGO growing.