Alumni Mentoring Program
The Mentoring Program allows LAU students to connect with experienced mentors who can offer advice and guidance related to their chosen career paths and overall professional development. By connecting students with alumni who have already navigated the professional landscape, the program is helping to create a strong network of professionals who can support each other throughout their careers.
The Alumni Mentorship Program at LAU is entirely voluntary, as this allows students to opt-in based on their interest and availability. LAU is giving its students support over their own academic and professional development. It allows students to take ownership of their own development and seek guidance from mentors when they feel it is necessary.
- This is a great opportunity to learn from those who have already navigated the field
- It helps LAU students be well-prepared for the workforce and have access to the right resources
Why you should consider this mentorship
- Develop the business skills needed to succeed in your first professional position.
- Identify your business aspirations and create realistic steps to achieving your goals.
- Increase your understanding of the professional skills required for global business.
- Receive professional assistance to create a resume or CV that will land the job you are looking for.
- Build a strong professional network to expand your career options.
- Become a qualified, competitive candidate for positions with local and global organizations.
- Line up career options before graduating to start your professional journey.
How it works
Enrolled in the Alumni Mentoring Program in your:
- Third or fourth year of a Bachelor’s program
- Final year in an Associate’s program
- Final year in a Master’s program
- Recently graduated and still seeking career employment
- Meet with your mentor via teleconference following a regular weekly schedule.
- Complete your pre-and post-mentorship surveys.
- Actively participate in the mentoring sessions.
All senior students are eligible to participate at any time through an application process
Start your application Guidelines for students
Approval should not take more than 1 week.
You will be contacted by GMI for the next steps to begin your mentorship!
- A most rewarding experience
- A new way to support and advance your alma mater and help shape the next generation of leaders
It’s easy for LAU Alumni to be great mentors
- 14 one-hour sessions by video conference
- GMI provides everything you need -step by step
- You don’t need to be an expert
- Just follow the structured program and add your own personal experience
- 99% of mentors say the GMI training adequately prepared them for their mentorship
- LAU Alumni can register and find more information here: globalmentorship.org/companies/lau-alumni
LAU gives priority to alumni mentors when pairing them with current students as alumni are often more invested in the success of their alma mater and are more likely to be able to relate to the current student experience. However, if there are no available alumni mentors in a particular field of study, a mentor from the GMI (Global Mentorship Initiative) pool will be assigned to work with the student.
Start your application Guidelines for mentors
After you apply, you will be notified of your acceptance
Learn more about GMI in this short video.